Note: There will be no enrollments for the winter semester 2017/18.
The admissions process is comprised of two steps. First, a committee reviews your qualifications according to the documents which you have to provide during online application. The deadline for applications for the winter term is Juli 15th. (www.master.uni-erlangen.de)
Enclosures to be attached to the online application:
- All documents which are proof of the course of your education in hard copy. German certifications must be submitted as copy. Foreign certificates as officially certified copy (e. g. by a notary) together with an officially certified translation.
- Personal Information Sheet
- Proof of internships, professional training, professional experience, stays abroad if available
- Proof of language skills (English: B2 and German: C1)
- Equivalents for English language proficiency: TOEFL IBT ≥ 80 or IELTS ≥ 6.5
- Equivalents for German language proficiency: DSH-2 or TestDaf ≥ TDN-4
- Language certificates for other languages than English if available
- Essay in English on currently given topics
The committee looks at a variety of criteria to help it inform its decision on a candidate including:
- Quality of your previous grades (max 50 points).
- Quality of an essay (two pages) in English about a topic which changes every year. The applicant should show that he is able to link problems of relevant subjects of the Master’s program interdisciplinarily. The task is announced at this website in due time. (max 25 points).
- Qualifications in specific fields (relevant internships, professional experience, professional training, and certificates) (max 20 points).
- Additional language skills (max 5 points).
The committee allocates, at most, 100 points. The total amount of points is the sum of the points allocated for each criterion.
The committee invites applicants, who achieve at least 65 points, to the second step of the admission process, which is a selection interview. The interview lasts 15 minutes and should enable the committee to assess the suitability of the applicant according to following equally important criteria:
- The applicant has the necessary methodical skills and specific knowledge in the field of engineering. He or she can link problems of the field of engineering and project management interdisciplinarily.
- The applicant expresses specific ideas and responds to questions related to research using correct technical and scientific terms.
At least one member of the committee will conduct the interview in the presence of an observer. The result is either passed or failed. The applicant receives a written record concerning the result of the admission process after the interview. In case of a notice of rejection, this document will be accompanied by an advice on applicable legal remedies.
Applicants who failed the first step of the admission process (less than 65 points) receive a negative reply, where the reasons for rejection are explained and an advice on applicable legal remedies is given.
Expenses incurred in submitting an application and attending interviews shall be borne by the applicants.